Sunday, April 5, 2009

The final countdown........(to surgery)

OK in 9 short days I will be a fresh post-op from brain surgery. Hopefully I will be nicely medicated and sleeping comfortably.

I forgot to mention before that they may not be able to remove the whole tumor. Since it is quite large and because it is in an awkward spot they may have to leave parts so they do not do any severe nerve damage. So this will probably mean that I will still have to go through with radiation therapy or they said that after they cut off the blood supply to the area that it may stop growing on its own. So I am guessing that with my luck I will have to go through with radiation treatments. I will also have years of MRI's to ensure that it does not grow back.
OK as you can see I have started to obsess again. I cannot beleve that in a little over a week I will be under the knife.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4

2 comments:

  1. Patty, we will talk to you before you go, just know that we love you and are thinking of you all the time. Could you please let you're followers know what hospital and what floor you will be in and on so we can cover you with flowers and candy and calls! Love, Dad and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty,
    You will be the most important thing on my mind and in my heart and prayers on your big day. In the meantime be sure to rest up plenty so you will be ready for the fight. Continue to trust your spirit and know that i am here for you whenever. luv ya
    Donna

    ReplyDelete