Monday, April 27, 2009

Give me strength....

Well as you can see from the post below I did make it through another MRI. This time it was only about an hour in the "coffin tube". And I know inquiring minds want to know ...yes I did take a few Xanax before the test.
Allot of people think that every time I have tests done I automatically tell them that I am a nurse and I can honestly say that I don't. I would rather stay quiet sort of rate each nurse, tech, phlebotomist and receptionist. There are a few smart ones that seem to catch on. Such as today...I had a new MRI tech and a seasoned one. The new one couldn't figure out how to get the cap off of the razor. When I was trying to talk her through it the seasoned one entered the room and when he asked me where the tumor was so he could place the stickers I blurted out" Its a right sided acoustic neuroma that starts in my auditory canal and ends at the brain stem". This little bit of info and he knew I was a nurse.
This will be my last post on this blog until I am back on my feet. My sister will continue to update while I am out. Once again I want to thank everyone who is still here and following my story (life). It really means allot to me and my family!!

2 comments:

  1. best of luck patty my thoughts and prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you everyday and wishing only the best for you. Good luck with everything. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete